CALL TODAY 707-263-1629
24/7 Emergency Service
3 Frequently Asked Questions about Plumbing in Lower Lake, CA
What are some of the key aspects to consider before hiring a plumbing company?
With so many plumbers today, there are a few things to consider before hiring a professional to do the job. Some of the key factors include:
- Certification and licensing: Licensed plumbers have fulfilled the necessary training requirements. There are rules and regulations that a plumber has to abide with before they allowed to offer their services to the public.
- Insurance: It is recommendable that you hire a plumbing contractor that carries adequate liability and workmen compensation insurance.
- Financial Stability: A financially stable plumbing company will be able to afford modern plumbing tools and equipment needed to offer high quality services.
- Experience: It is advisable to go for a plumber that has been in business for several years as they have proven success in the field and have a record of quality work.
- Response to call and voicemails: During plumbing emergencies, you want to have the problem fixed within the shortest possible time. Thus, look for a plumber who answers their phone or even return voicemails.
What are some tips on how to get the most out of your plumber?
Apart from choosing the right plumbing company, it is essential that you follow these three tips to get the most out of their services.
Tip 1: Prepare for an in-home visit.
For a new plumbing replacement or installation, most plumbers will want to visit your home to see the kind of work needed and if possible, have the area cleaned for a quick inspection. During the initial home visit, you can also inspect the plumber’s license and insurance
Tip 2: Consider your timeline
Have a set deadline when you want to have your plumbing project completed. In addition, determine what your expectations and discuss them with your chosen plumber.
Tip 3: Ask whether the company offers free estimates
Some plumbing companies offer estimates on larger installation jobs. Before you hire your plumbing contractor, ask them to give you an estimate of the project. With an estimate of the project, you can be able to plan your budget accordingly.
What are some of the top services offered by qualified plumbers?
Some of the major services offered by licensed plumbers include:
- Leak repair services
- Drain cleaning services
- Water heater installation, repair and maintenance services
- Toilet repair
- Garbage disposal repair
- Sewer repair
- Septic tank installation, repair and maintenance services
Frequently Asked Questions about Drains and Sewers in Lower Lake, CA
What are some common drain and sewer problems?
If you notice these 5 warning signs you need to hire a professional plumber right away for sewer and drain repair:
- Slow drains: Slow drains might indicate a wide range of problems including early stages of a clog or an improperly graded drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: Shower drains and bathtubs as well as bathroom sink drains are prone to recurring clogs due to hair that gets washed down.
- Multiple clogged drains: If more than one toilet, tub or sink become clogged, you might have a clog in the main drain system.
- Foul odor: Persistent sewer odors from drains in your home can be an indication of a major drainage issue.
- Water flooding: Water flooding is associated with sewage backup.
What are some of top benefits of drain cleaning?
Some of the primary benefits of drain cleaning include”
- Fast and more efficient drainage
- Enhanced drain life
- Prevention of foul odors
- Prevention of water damage to your home
- Prevent clogs from forming
Commonly Asked Questions About Water Heaters in Lower Lake, CA
What are the core water heater maintenance practices?
Water heaters are easy to maintain. Some typical maintenance practices include:
- Checking the manufacturer’s plate and record the age and capacity
- Check if the Temperature Pressure Relief Valve is connected properly
- Inspect the drain valve at the bottom of the tank
- Examine the drain pan located under the tank for leaks
- Inspect the system for loose electrical connections
When is the right time to replace a water heater?
Depending on the manufacturer’s suggested service life, the lifespan of a water heater is about eight to 12 years. This however varies depending on the maintenance schedule, water quality, quality of installation, design of the unit and the location.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tankless Water Heaters in Lower Lake, CA
What is the difference between tankless and convectional waters?
Tankless water heaters do not store hot water. Instead, when a hot water demand arises, it quickly heats the water that flows through the unit, thus providing a continuous supply of hot water. Convectional water heaters on the other hand part of the incoming cold water is diverted to an insulated cylindrical tank where it is heated. The heated water is then drawn off to the separate water lines.
What are some unique features to consider when choosing tankless water heaters?
Some of the unique features to compare when choosing water heaters include:
- Warranty: The coverage for most water heating units range from 3 to 12 years. In most cases, you will have to pay more for models with the longest warranty.
- Digital displays: These help you to monitor levels and customize operations. Some electric hybrid water heaters allow you to set a vacation mode that uses the heat pump for increased efficiency while you are away.
- Anti-scale Devices: Some models have features that enable them to lessen the accumulation of mineral scale at the bottom of the tank by swirling the water.
Frequently Asked Questions about Septic Systems in Lower Lake, CA
How do you know if your system is having problems?
Some signs your septic system may be having problems include:
- Pools of wastewater or muddy soil around your septic tank or soil absorption system
- Unpleasant smells from the system
- Backups when you flush the toilet, take showers or do laundry
What are the most important things to do to take care of my system?
Pump your system at least every three years (at least once a year if you have a garbage disposal). Conserve water. Do not dump non-biodegradables or trash down your sink or toilet.
How often should you pump your system?
Pump your system every three years, and once a year if you have a garbage disposal.
Frequently Asked Questions About Systems for Water Treatment in Lower Lake, CA
What water treatment and how is it done?
Water treatment is the process of making water clean and safe for its application. The necessary treatment depends on the application. Drinking water sources require appropriate treatment to remove disease-causing agents. Typical steps in water treatment include:
- Screening and Coagulation
- Corrosion control
What are some of the commonly used water treatment methods?
The three commonly used water treatment methods in the United States are:
- Reverse osmosis: In reverse osmosis, tap water passes via a semi-permeable membrane that ranges from 90 to 99 percent of components initially present.
- Distillation: Distillation is the process of heating water until it boils, capturing the vapor and then cooling and collecting it. If you opt for this technique, make sure you choose good or advanced purifiers for better results.
- UV water treatment method: The UV treatment allows business owners and homeowners to remove a wide range of biological contaminants in the water supply. The UV treatment method does not change water’s taste or pH, leaves no chemicals in the water and does not produce by-products.
These are some of the commonly asked questions about Plumbing in Lower Lake, CA. For quality plumbing services, it is important that you only hire qualified plumbers.
Preferred Plumbing Service Provider in Mendocino County CA 95482
Lake Mendocino is a large reservoir in Mendocino County, California, northeast of Ukiah. It covers 1,922 acres and was formed by the construction of Coyote Valley Dam in 1958. Wikipedia
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing has for the past 10 years provided Plumbing, Drains & Sewers, Water Heaters, Tankless Water Heaters, Water Treatment and
Septic Systems the following cities in Mendo Lake County California
24/7 Emergency Plumbing Service
Call us today 707-263-1629
ABS Pipe Installation
ABS Pipe Repairs
Alternative Septic System Installation
Alternative Septic System Repairs
Bar Faucet Installation
Bar Faucet Repair
Bathroom Drain Lines
Black Steel Pipe Repair
Clear Drain Lines
Comfort Height Toilets
Commercial Water Heaters
Copper Pipe Repair
Copper Pipe Installation
CPVC Pipe Repair
Direct Vent Water Heaters
Dual Flush Toilets
Effluent Pump Repair
Effluent Pump Installation
Ejector Pump Repair
Ejector Pump Installation
Electric Water Heater Repair
Electric Water Heater Installation
Engineered Septic Systems
Galvanized Pipe Repair
Garbage Disposal Cleaning
Garbage Disposal Repair
Garbage Disposal Replacement
Gas Line Installation
Gas Line Repair
Gas Water Heaters
Hot Water Dispensers
Hot Water Systems
Hybrid Water Heaters
Ice Maker Box Installation
Ice Maker Lines
Jammed Garbage Disposals
Jetting Drain Lines
Jetting Sewer Lines
Leach Field Locating
Leach Field Installation
Leach Field Locating
Leach Field Repairs
Mobile Home Pipe Repairs
Mobile Home Re-pipes
Mobile Home Water Heaters
Mop Sink Faucets
Needle Valve Removal
No-hub cast iron pipe
No-hub pipe repair
One Piece Toilet Installation
One Piece Toilet Repairs
Open Coil Dry Water Heater Elements
Ozone Water Treatment
Pex Pipe Installation
Pex Pipe Repairs
Pex Water LinesPilot Lights
Pressure Reducing Valves
Pressure Relief Valves
Propane Water Heaters
PVC Drain Installation
PVC Drain Repairs
PVC Pipe Installation
PVC Pipe Repairs
Septic System Diagnosis
Septic System Installation
Septic System Rejuvenation
Septic System Repair
Septic Tank Installation
Septic Tank Risers
Septic Tank Tees
Shower Valve Installation
Shower Valve Repair
Steel Pipe Repairs
Tankless Water Heater Installation
Tankless Water Heater Repair
Toilet Tank Repairs
Tubs and Showers
Urinal Valve Repair
Washing Machine Boxes
Washing Machine Hoses
Water Closet Installation
Water Closer Repair
Water Heater Installation
Water Heater Repair
Water Heater Testing
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Ukiah
371 Lakeport Blvd. #336
Lakeport, CA 95453
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Lake and Mendocino Counties
PO Box 1476
Lakeport, CA 95453
Call us 24/7
LAKEPORT - (707)-263-5060
UKIAH - (707)-468-0106
CLEARLAKE - (707)-995-0440
WILLITS - (707)-456-9900
MIDDLETOWN - (707)-987-0130
TOLL FREE - (877)-236-1776